Friday, February 22, 2013

Some Books I'd Recommend

My new year's resolution is to read a hundred books this year. And it's already hard. I have to read two books a week and so far I've managed to stay on top of things, but I'm going to get tired of this pretty fast!

Anyways, here are some of the best ones so far that I would recommend.

That Hideous Strength, by C.S. Lewis: The last book of the space trilogy and the weirdest, but undeniably interesting. It takes a while to warm up to you but once it does it's worth it.

Notes From Underground, by Fyador Dostoyevsky (Try saying that ten times fast!): A great book on the psychology of mankind and what we would all be like if we were completely separated from God.

Maze Runner, by James Dashner (a slightly ironic name): I just enjoy sci-fi, really. It's very hard to put this book down.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire: By far my favorite Harry Potter book, a little more interesting than the books before it but not as depressing as the books after it.

All Quiet on the Western Front: My Dad and I are having a running debate on whether it should say "The best war novel of all time" on the cover. I say, it really is the best one I've read. It's almost converted me to pacifism, and that's something.

1 comment: