Monday, April 1, 2013

April Fools

New month, new background! I know in America it's raining nowadays, and in England it's still threatening to snow--here all we have is wind and sand and Thomas is begging for the A.C. to start up.
"Dad," he said yesterday, "It's April now so we can have A.C. again, right?"
"Oh yeah, it is April, isn't it?" Dad replied. Three seconds later he screamed and started rolling on the floor. I thought he was trying to humor Thomas, but after about a minute he started to croak, "help."
"Are you kidding me?" I asked.
"No--the egg, it's swelling up my throat."
About seven years ago Mom was cutting up some potatoes and said to me, "if my throat starts swelling and I can't breath, you know how to call 911?" she has pretty severe allergies to pestacide, so it wasn't beyond possibility that Dad had a problem too.
I looked at the egg. Thomas had already eaten half of it--how could--"help!" Dad croaked.
"Where's the phone?" I demanded. No answer.
"Here, I'll get you a glass of water."
As I went to the kitchen and filled up a glass, I heard a cheerful "April Fools!" from the living room.
And I dumped the glass of water on him.




3 comments:

  1. Ha! I love it. I didn't fool anyone or get fooled this year. Just wasn't creative enough. I like the new background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Your dad really got you! I'm glad you got him with the glass of water after that. :)

    ReplyDelete