Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dreams

This is a poem I wrote a few months ago. The "she" referred to is supposed to be a ship, not a person, but I wasn't sure how to make that clearer.

Dreams

She waits for me
By the bay
When the evening swallows day.
And when sleep all thoughts belay,
Somber looking in the fray,
So she always waits.

In the wind
Purple sails
Catch the flying breeze's wail
And they flutter, bulge and fail,
O'er the sunset pink and pale
In the flowing wind.

O'er the seas
Of somber dreams
I stand beneath the moonlight gleam
Upon the sailing ship; it seems
To carry me above the green
Of all the somber seas.

When I reach
Those other lands,
Cool will be their yellow sand
Under my feet and in my hands.
And in wandering thoughts I'll stand
On that dreamy beach.




No comments:

Post a Comment